Asken Diet members get unique diet and nutrition advice from our AI nutritionist built by our team of licensed dietitians. By connecting your Asken Diet account with your Fitbit account, your diet advice gets even more personalized as Asken Diet analyzes your activities and calories burned from your Fitbit activity. The Asken Diet mobile app is available on the iOS, Google Play stores and syncs with the FitbitOS app available from the Fitbit App Gallery.
The Asken Diet mobile phone companion app is currently only available for download on the U.S. and Canadian iTunes and Google Play app stores. In the future we hope to launch in more countries. However, we currently only have the food database for the U.S. and Canada. If we launched in other countries with the current app, it is likely users wouldn't be able to find the food from their country when searching within the Asken Diet app. The companion app only works with Fitbit devices running FitbitOS (Sense, Versa, Versa 2, Versa 3, Versa Lite, Ionic). It does not run on trackers like the Charge 3.
Please note: If you are an iOS users and used the new "Sign in with Apple" function when creating your account on our Asken Diet iOS mobile app and selected "hide my email" you won't be able to connect with our Fitbit companion watch app. The reason is since you selected "hide my email", our database doesn't have your email to sync accounts with when you try to sync to our Fitbit companion app. We should be able to assist you manually if you email support (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will do our best to assist you though the complicated process of changing emails associated with your account so you can eventually connect with your iOS account.
Connect with Fitbit
To sync your Fitbit data with your Asken Diet account, follow the steps below. Once your accounts are connected, your calorie intake, calories burned, water intake and diet advice will be available on your Fitbit smartwatch (Sense, Versa, Versa 2, Versa 3, Versa Lite, Ionic).
How to connect the Asken Diet Fitbit app (on your watch) to your Asken Diet profile:
MOBILE APP FIRST
1. Download the Asken Diet mobile app from the iTunes or Google Play store. Go to: www.askendiet.com/get or search for "Asken Diet" in the app store.
2. Open the Asken Diet mobile app and create an account (setting up your diet goals, email, ID, password etc). You can create an account using your email or through the Facebook connect function. If you use Facebook to create your account within Asken Diet, you'll have to use the Facebook log in fields when trying to connect to your Fitbit/Versa within the Fitbit app settings.
3. After filling out a profile on the Asken Diet mobile app, you will be sent an email to confirm your email address.
4. Click the link in the "confirm your email" to finish registration.
Note: if you used your Facebook account when registering with Asken Diet (instead of using any email address), you will be sent a confirmation email to the email address associated with your Facebook profile.
FITBIT WATCH APP SECOND
1. Download the Asken Diet app (here) from the Fitbit App Gallery.
2. Go to the Asken Diet settings (gear icon) found within the Fitbit App Gallery's "My Apps" section.
3. Enter your email and password. It MUST be the same email and password as the one you used when you created your profile on the Asken Diet mobile app. However, if you signed up with Asken Diet using your Facebook log in details, please use the Facebook log in section within the Fitbit-Asken Diet app settings area and not the email/ID log in fields.
4. Tap "Log in". If successful, you will see at the top of the Asken Diet settings page (in the Fitbit app) that the Authorization State will say "Authorized" and it will show your user name. That means the watch app is synced and you are ready to go.
Note: If you used your Facebook account when registering with Asken Diet (instead of using any email address), use the Fitbit login section of the Asken Diet Fitbit app settings. It is the section below the email/password log in field.
You must have an account on the Asken Diet mobile app before you can complete setup of the Asken Diet app for the Fitbit Versa/Sense/Ionic. You also must have confirmed your email address if you created your Asken Diet account using your email address. If you created your account using your Facebook log in details, there won't be an email from us to confirm.
After creating a profile on the Asken Diet mobile app, you will receive an email confirmation message similar to the example below. You will need to click the URL in the email to confirm your email address.
How to log in to our app on in the Fitbit settings:
Simply enter the same email address and password (from the iOS/Android app) in to the Asken Diet for Fitbit in the settings page to connect your accounts.
Try our step-by-step set up guide!
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the steps to connect your accounts and log in.
1) Before getting started, make sure your Fitbit device is connected to your phone and the Fitbit mobile app.
2) Find the Asken Diet app on the Fitbit App Gallery (in the 'Health & Fitness' section) and install the app.
3) Make sure all the permissions are on and tap the "Install" button.
NOTE: The next steps are for Asken Diet users trying to log in with their email and password.
Skip to step #12 if you are logging trying to log in with your Facebook account.
4) Tap the the arrow in the Email field.
5) Carefully enter the exact same email as the one you used when you signed up for Asken Diet on your mobile phone.
NOTE:Make sure you have also confirmed the email address by clicking on the link in the auto-generated email our system sent you when you initially made your account)
After entering your email address in the Fitbit settings, tap the "Save" button.
6) After taping the "Save" button in step 5, you will be brought back to the main settings page. From there, tap the password field section.
7) Enter your password. The same one you use in the Asken Diet mobile app for your account.
8) Tap the "Save" button to save the password you entered.
9) After saving your password, you will be brought back to the main settings page. From there, tap the "Log in" button. You must tap this log in to have the app settings send your email and password details to our servers.
10) You should see a "confirming..." screen.
11) DONE! Authorized. You can now use the Asken Diet app on your Fitbit Ionic/Versa.
Steps 12 and 13 are for users trying to log in with their Facebook details because they used their Facebook profile account details when creating their Asken Diet profile (instead of an email/password).
12) Tap on the Facebook section arrow. You will be brought out of the Fitbit app and to a Facebook log in screen. Log in to your Facebook account and you should be brought back to the Fitbit app.
13) Done! Authorized. Be careful not to tap the email/password section above the Facebook log in area.
STILL having troubles?
Try logging out of the app (at the bottom of the app settings) or even completely removing the app from your watch and then re-installing and trying the log in process again.
14) Try logging out and logging back in.
15) Try removing the app completely. Give it a few minutes for it to be removed from your watch too. Check it is no longer on your watch. Then re-install it and try logging in again from step #1 above.
Once your mobile app and watch app are synced, you are all set. Enjoy!
Still having troubles? If you have read through and followed the steps but still cannot connect your accounts, view troubleshooting solutions here.